Instructions to unbundle and configure GlassFish
To install and configure GlassFish you need to have JDK 5 or JDK 6 installed on your system. The configuration processing depends on Ant (1.6.5). The bundle includes an Ant distribution that has been extended with tasks to facilitate developing Java EE 5 applications for the application server.
1. Download one of the bundles to disk, set JAVA_HOME to the JDK you have installed on your system.
% java -Xmx256m -jar filename.jar
This command will unbundle GlassFish and create a new directory structure rooted under a directory named 'glassfish'.
% cd glassfish
4. If you are using a machine with an operating system that is a derivative of UNIX(tm), set the execute permission for the Ant binaries that are included with the GlassFish bundle.
% chmod -R +x lib/ant/bin
% lib/ant/bin/ant -f setup.xml
OR for Windows:
% lib\ant\bin\ant -f setup.xml
For GlassFish V2 with Clustering supported installation, just change step 4 from the above installation
% lib/ant/bin/ant -f setup-cluster.xml
OR for Windows:
% lib\ant\bin\ant -f setup-cluster.xml
To get started with GlassFish, see the quick start guide.
See Configuring the Cluster/Load Balancer with GlassFish V2 for how to do the load balancing after creating Clusters on GlassFish V2.
The Open Sourcing Clustering features are included in this promotion.
Solaris SPARC Platform
* glassfish-installer-v2-b58g.jar, size 54M (English)
* glassfish-installer-v2-b58g-ml.jar, size 74M (Multilingual)
Solaris x86 Platform
* glassfish-installer-v2-b58g-sunos_x86.jar size 54M (English)
* glassfish-installer-v2-b58g-ml-sunos_x86.jar size 74M (Multilingual)
* glassfish-installer-v2-b58g-windows.jar size 54M (English)
* glassfish-installer-v2-b58g-ml-windows.jar size 74M (Multilingual)
* glassfish-installer-v2-b58g-linux.jar size 54M (English)
* glassfish-installer-v2-b58g-ml-linux.jar size 74M (Multilingual)
* glassfish-installer-v2-b58g-darwin.jar size 65M (English)
* glassfish-installer-v2-b58g-ml-darwin.jar size 85M (Multilingual)