1) Download Axis Distribution archive from
- Axis distribution archive contains a web application ( webapps/axis/ directory) for hosting an Axis Server in a web container like Tomcat
2) Deploy Axis Server in the Tomcat 4.X server
a) Copy Axis Web application (webapps/axis directory) to TOMCAT_HOME/webapps
b) Copy jaxrpc.jar (that is provided with Axis distribution) and xerces.jar ( or any other XML parser) to TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib
jaxrpc.jar and xerces.jar includes classes with “java” and “javax” packages and Tomcat does not authorize to load any classes in that package from WEB-INF/ lib directory of the web application.
3) Configure the environment by including these libraries in the CLASSPATH
- xerces.jar ( or any other XML Parser)