Monday, October 15, 2012
Great tips which can be applied by all at any workplace?
1. Listen more than you talk To be a good leader you have to be a great listener. Brilliant ideas can spring from the most unlikely places, so you should always keep your ears open. This can mean following online comments as closely as meeting notes, or asking the frontline staff for their opinions. Get out there, listen to people, draw people out and learn from them.
2. Keep it simple There are thousands of simple business solutions to problems out there, just waiting to be solved by the next big thing in business. Maintain a focus upon innovation, but don’t try to reinvent the wheel. A simple change for the better is far more effective than five complicated changes for the worse.
3. Take pride in your work With so many different departments, nationalities and personalities represented under one roof, it is always interesting to see what qualities we all have in common. One is pride in our work, and in the company we represent. Staff are the biggest brand advocates, and focusing on helping them take pride will shine through in how they treat their customers.
4. Have fun, success will follow If you are having a good time, there is a far greater chance a positive, innovative atmosphere will be nurtured and your business will flourish. A smile and a joke can go a long way, so be quick to see the lighter side of life.
5. Rip it up and start again Every successful person has experienced a few failures along the way – the important thing is how you learn from them. Don’t allow yourself to get disheartened by a setback or two, instead dust yourself off and work out what went wrong. Then you can find the positives, analyze where you can improve, rip it up and start again.