1. BPM Tools are a good fit for Intranet Applications where there is some kind of workflow. Eg: Leave Management System (employee applies for leave, manager approves, HR is notified etc..
2. They are also a good fit, where the primary activity of the application is some kind of workflow. Eg: Order Management (Order Creation, Order Approval, Order Acceptance, Order Fulfillment, Order Payment).
3. They are a good fit, where Workflow should be often updated. This is what they are best at!
4. They are not a good fit where application is mainly going to do Content Management, Data Management.
5. BPM Tools provide maximum benefit when we use it where it fits best.